Explore Israel’s Most Famous Natural Resource: Dead Sea Minerals!
Dead Sea Minerals Facts
1. The Dead Sea is famous all over the world for being incredibly salty as well as uniquely healing and mineral-rich. It’s situated at the lowest point on Earth, with a high oxygen concentration, low UV readings, hot temperatures, and clean air.
Under these special conditions, water coming into the Sea from the Jordan River swiftly evaporates, leaving behind rich mineral mud and dense, salty water that makes one float, while moisturizing and conditioning the skin.
2.The Dead Sea and its unique properties were already well-known in the ancient world. It’s even mentioned in the Torah! The Book of Genesis calls it the “Salt Sea.”
3. It was famous in antiquity and was referred to by ancient writers like Aristotle (384-322 BCE) and Josephus (37-c.100 CE). Egyptians even used mud imported from the Dead Sea for their mummification process.
4. Famous historical figures known to have used the Dead Sea and its minerals for healing include King Herod and Queen Cleopatra! In fact, it is said that Cleopatra loved the Dead Sea so much, she ordered cosmetic factories and resorts to be built along its shores, expanding its popularity and the reputation of the incredible Dead Sea minerals.
5. The minerals in the Dead Sea include calcium, iodine, saline, potassium, and bromide.
6. The unique salt of the Dead Sea treats acne, psoriasis, hives, cellulite, dry skin, dandruff, stress, muscle aches, and more.
7. The Dead Sea’s mud is also known to nourish and condition the skin, and reduce signs of aging.
8. It’s no wonder that Dead Sea minerals are used in cosmetics for skin healing and nourishing purposes to this day! They are among the most sough-after skin products in the world, famous for their unique natural minerals.
Check out our favorite tried-and-true Dead Sea cosmetics for all skin types and needs, harnessing the best of Israel’s natural minerals.